Monday 26 July 2010

TESTING TIMES !!





Even though it is all a learning curve it is good to be actualy putting a few bits together .

For everything done there is at least one rethink but I guess thats the learning progress .

As can be seen I will need a sideways extension to the current bonnet bulge but only to the same height as existing so should barley show .

The oil layout is particulary chalenging as there are so many components to fit into such limited space , especialy with four longish Jiffy-Tite couplings to fit in with the laminova , thermostat , filter preasure warning switch and Accusump , together with trying to keep the lines as sraight as possible . NOTHING LIKE A CHALLENGE !!

I spent 15 mins cutting a very rough template for a turret brace to work from , which unfortunatly has to avoid my dry sump pump , not ideal but not impossible . This should then give me something to mount some of the components to .

For those who warned me about the jic fittings being a pain , you underestimated ! Even putting a full 12 plus stones on the fittings the threads still would not engage so I resorted to G clamps as well as the big Record vice with soft inserts . GRIM JOB !!
More fittings are due out tomorow so I should have the worst of this side of things decided by the weekend .
Sorry should have rotated the first picture .



No comments:

Post a Comment